The Belton Lena Armstrong Public Library has books, videos, books on CD, and other reference and circulation materials on a wide variety of topics. The Library has informative and entertaining materials for patrons of all ages.
The Lena Armstrong Public Library has 62 electronic magazines available to checkout through Zinio, and it's free with a library card. Magazines for adults, children, and teens are available, including English and some Spanish language titles.
Getting a library card is easy. Bring a photo ID and proof of address to the library, 301 E. 1st Ave.
Two options for checking out eBooks are available to those who hold a library card from Lena Armstrong Public Library. A third option allows independent authors to get their books into libraries.
The Freading app has thousands of books available for download for up to two weeks. It is available for Apple and Android.
SELF-e allows independent authors to upload their books to its website. Library Journal reviews the titles and selects the best to display in a special collection.
The Library has free Wi-Fi and 13 computer terminals and two laptops with Internet access for patrons. Use of the terminals is on a "first come, first serve" basis and limited to 60 minutes a day. Patrons working on employment or educational applications, course work, or webinars may be granted additional time. Printing is 20-cents per page for black and white, 50-cents per page for color.
Free Driving Permit Practice Tests
|Enjoy digital books, images, videos and more from libraries, artists, authors and others from your community and around the world. BiblioBoard Patron offers exciting new fiction, popular comic books, award-winning videos, colorful children's books and much more.|
The Belton Lena Armstrong Public Library has qualified proctors who will perform free test proctoring for online tests or paper tests mailed to us. We cannot proctor tests requiring the proctor to be in the room with the student for the entire exam. We require advance notice of at least two library business days for online tests, and at least one week notice for paper tests. While we will make every effort to accommodate schedules, we cannot guarantee appointments. Students wishing to have an exam proctored must obtain a library card prior to the scheduled appointment. Proctor request forms are available at the library.
Do you have a question? Need help finding a book? The Library provides assistance finding library materials and using the Internet during all hours of operation -- in person or by phone, 254-933-5830254-933-5830, or by email. With the help of local volunteers, the Library also provides assistance using our Genealogy section to research local history, ancestors, and family stories.
Looking for research results that Google, Bing, or Yahoo can't provide? TexShare Databases is authoritative and commercial-free -- and available at the Belton Lena Armstrong Public Library through a partnership with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission. The online Databases contain articles from newspapers, magazines, journals, and encyclopedias. Must have a library card to access.
More on the offerings of TexShare Databases
- More Scholarly than Typical Internet Search Engines: TexShare offers full-text articles from verifiable, subscription-only resources. Every search yields results that are not available anywhere else.
- A Research Library on Your Computer: Think of the TexShare Databases as a virtual library with electronic shelves stocked with reference books; literature; medical information; technical, business, and scientific journals; and current newspapers and magazines. The TexShare Databases put this virtual library at the fingertips of Texans everywhere.
- Access for Texans: The TexShare Databases are a service exclusively for Texans. License agreements with the vendors do not permit us to provide access to users outside the state. Violation of these license agreements could jeopardize ongoing availability of the resources.
- A Public Service: The TexShare Databases are offered as a public service. Contact your local Texas public or academic library for information on becoming an authorized user of the TexShare Databases. Employees at most state agencies also have access to these resources.
- Learning Express Library: Learning Centers offers practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information needed to achieve results at school, work, or home. Looking to land a job? There is an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping patrons secure employment.
- Language Course Database: Traveling to another country and want to know some useful phrases? The Language Course Database places at your fingertips the opportunity to learn a new language.
Copy machine and printing from the computer are 20-cents per page for black and white, 50-cents for color. Local faxes are 10-cents a page. Long distance faxes are 15-cents a page for numbers with 254 area code, or 20-cents a page for all other area codes.
Having trouble finding materials you need here at the Library? The Library may be able to get those materials for you from other area Libraries. Call 254-933-5830 or fill out the online request forms. To pick up an interlibrary loan book, the library card belonging to the person for whom the request was placed must be presented. The only cost associated with an interlibrary loan is postage.
Use our online catalog, call or visit the library to place a reserve on a book that is checked out. The library card belonging to the person for whom the request was placed must be presented to pick up a hold.