2018 Election Information
The City of Belton's 2018 General Election is scheduled for Saturday, May 5. The election is for the Mayor and two City Councilmember positions, which are each elected at-large for two-year terms. Candidate Packets, which include an Application For a Place on the Ballot are now available online, or pick one up at Belton City Hall, 333 Water Street.
- 2018 Election Calendar
- Notice of Deadline to File for Place on Ballot (Aviso de Fecha Limite para Presentar Solicitudes para un Lugar en la Boleta)
City Hall (Conference Room)
333 Water Street
Harris Community Center
401 N. Alexander Street
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
|April 30 - May 1
7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Absentee Voting and Ballot By Mail
Ballot by mail applications for the 2018 General Election must be recieved (not postmarked) by April 24, 2018. Registered voters in Belton are eligible to request a ballot by mail if ANY of the following conditions prevents them from voting in person during the early voting period or on Election Day.
- 65 years of age or older
- Expected absence from the County on Election Day AND the entire period of early voting
- Confinement in jail, but otherwise eligible to vote
Belton, Texas 76513
Register by April 5 to be eligible to vote in the 2018 General Election. It takes 30 days for a registration to be in effect. Register online with Bell County Elections here.
Candidate Qualification Information
- Must be a citizen of the United States, and a resident of Belton for at least the previous 12 months
- Must be at least 18
- Must not be delinquent on any indebtedness to the City
- City employees are not eligible to file
- May not hold any other elected public office
- Candidates may only file for one office per election
- A councilmember with a year or more remaining on his or her term must resign to run for Mayor
- Citizen of the United States
- 18 years old
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment in court
- No felony convictions
- Resided in state continuously for previous 12 months
- Must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for this office