- All Juveniles (17 and under) must appear before the Judge with a parent or guardian, regardless of the offense.
- Juveniles who do not appear or fail to comply with court judgments may incur additional charges, and may be reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety, which could result in suspension or denial of a driver's license.
- Juvenile Court is generally scheduled at 3 p.m. on Thursdays.
- Appropriate attire is required. Shorts and hats are not permitted in court.
- Juveniles appearing for a first offense may be offered Teen Court, which generally involves completion of a 2,500 word essay as assigned by the Judge. Essays are to be returned to the court within two weeks. A $50 court fee must be paid prior to participation.
- Successful completion of Teen Court could result in dismissal of the offense from the juvenile’s record.
- Juveniles appearing for a non-traffic related first offense may have the opportunity to participate in community service in lieu of paying a fine.
- The Court has information about potential service opportunities.
- A $50 court fee must be paid prior to participation.
- Successful completion of community service could result in dismissal of the offense from the juvenile’s record.