The Belton Police Department is dedicated to providing excellent service through partnerships that build trust, reduce crime, create a safe environment, and enhance the quality of life in our community.
Create a culture that promotes, recognizes, and embraces innovative police strategies by building upon a foundation that values our past, acknowledges the present, and prepares for the future.
- HONESTY and INTEGRITY
- We understand that PUBLIC TRUST is the foundation of our profession
- Building PARTNERSHIPS with our community by empowering them to have a voice in public safety solutions
- EMPLOYEES are our greatest asset and the DIVERSITY of our workforce is the core of our success
- Maintaining Belton’s excellent QUALITY of LIFE
- Protecting HUMAN RIGHTS by acting without fear, favor or prejudice
- Professional EXCELLENCE through a situational leadership model that is flexible and responsive
The recognition program evaluates compliance with more than 150 Best Practices for Texas Law Enforcement. These best practices were developed by Texas Law Enforcement professionals to assist agencies to efficiently and effectively serve the public and protect individual rights. They cover all aspects of law enforcement operations including use of force, protection of citizen rights, vehicle pursuits, property and evidence management, and patrol and investigative operations.
This voluntary process required the department to conduct a critical self-review of agency policies, procedures, facilities and operations. Upon completion of the internal review, an outside audit was requested. The on-site review/audit was conducted by trained police chiefs from other areas of the state. The Texas Police Chiefs Association’s Recognition Committee made a final analysis before awarding Belton Police Department with “Recognized” status.
The Belton Police Department considers itself to be one of the best in the state. The successful independent review of department operations provides assurance to the residents of Belton that its police department is committed to the highest standards in law enforcement.
|2016||Gene Cole and Ron Irwin|