Residential trash pickup occurs once a week (click schedule on right to enlarge) and recycling pickup occurs every other week (see schedule/map below).
- Only Waste Management carts are picked up, green lid for trash, yellow lid for recycling. Please do not use other containers.
- Place carts curbside by 6 a.m. and returned to your property by 7 p.m.
- To report missed pickups or a broken container, contact Waste Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-800-5804.
- For billing inquiries, or to order an additional cart for an additional fee, please contact the City of Belton at 254-933-5800 or email@example.com.
Each week up to three additional items (up to 50 pounds each) are accepted curbside. The items must be bagged, boxed, or bundled, and placed next to the trash can. Mattresses (twin or smaller) are also accepted, as well as small furniture up to 50 pounds.
- Construction debris and lumber
- Mattresses larger than twin size
- Hazardous material or medical waste
- Appliances with refrigerants
- Furniture heavier than 50 pounds
All bulk collection events are from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Feb. 9
- April 6(One Community One Day)
- June 8
- Aug. 3
- Oct. 5
- Dec. 14
- Must live in the city limits of Belton (proof residency such as a utility bill or driver's license is required)
- One load per household, unless authorized by code compliance
- No hazardous waste such as paint, chemicals, TVs, tires or batteries (see below for hazardous waste disposal information)
- No commercial bulk. The event is for residential customers, unless directed by code compliance
- Large runs of fencing are not accepted (scrap material is appropriate)
- Regardless of disposal method, all appliances with refrigerants must be green tagged (a green tag designates that refrigerants are removed).
- Temple Landfill, 706 Landfill Road. (Note: a fee is assessed and a safety vest is required.)
- If item is in good condition, consider contacting a local charity organization.
- New Year's Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
PO Box 1288
Salado, TX 76571
PO Box 820
3424 FM 973
Delvalle, TX 78617
2201 W. Avenue D
Temple, TX 76504
1910 S. Main St.
McGregor, TX 76657
|Temple Iron & Metal
815 N. 14th St.
|Sunbright Disposal Services
701A Texas Central Pkwy.
Waco, TX 76712
Single-stream recycling is available to residential garbage customers not served by a dumpster. Recycling collection occurs are every-other Wednesday. To find your collection day see the recycling zone map to determine whether you are serviced in a green (Central and South Belton) or gold week (North Belton). Set a reminder on your smart phone calendar to never forget about a recycling day.
|2017 Recycling Report
2016 Recycling Report
|2015 Recycling Report
2014 Recycling Report
2019 Recycling Calendar
|Green Zone||Gold Zone|
|Jan||3*, 16, 30||Jan||9, 23|
|Feb||13, 27||Feb||6, 20|
|Mar||13, 27||Mar||6, 20|
|April||10, 24||April||3, 17|
|May||8, 22||May||1, 15, 29|
|June||5, 19||June||12, 26|
|July||3, 17, 31||July||10, 24|
|Aug||14, 28||Aug||7, 21|
|Sep||11, 25||Sep||4, 18|
|Oct||9, 23||Oct||2, 16, 30|
|Nov||6, 20||Nov||13, 27|
|Dec||4, 18||Dec||11, 26*|
* -- Thursday
|* -- Thursday|
Aluminum & Steel Cans
Foil & Pie Tins
Plastic Containers No. 1-7
Cardboard & Food Boxes
Junk Mail & Phone Books
- Styrofoam Packaging
- Soiled Food Containers (i.e. Pizza Boxes)
- Plastic Grocery Bags
- Ceramics or Dishes
- Food Waste/Garbage
- Light Bulbs
- Wire Clothes Hangers
Brush collection is for residential customers only, and is included as part of the City garbage service ($3 monthly fee). Brush collection is not part of any business garbage service, including businesses that contract with private haulers for dumpster service.
- The City is divided into five collection areas. Each area is picked up once a week. Collections may be delayed during times of high demand, such as after storms. Brush collection does not occur on City-observed holidays.
- Brush piles must be out by 6 a.m. on collection day.
- Brush piles of up to 6 cubic yards will be picked up -- about the size of the bed of a pickup truck. Limbs should be cut into lengths of not more than 12 feet long, and should be no larger than 8 inches in diameter. Brush piles must be placed within 3 feet of the curb -- away from vehicles, low hanging wires, fences, mailboxes and tree limbs.
- Brush piles that exceed 6 cubic yards in a single week will be assessed a $50 fee per each additional 6 cubic yards.
- Brush pickup is limited to one pile per address per collection day.
- Brush piles must be free of all other trash and debris. No tires, garbage, lumber, construction debris, furniture, appliances, or anything but natural brush will be picked up.
- After the brush pile is hauled away, site cleanup of small debris, such as leaves and small twigs, is the responsibility of the resident.
- A special pickup may be requested for out of cycle collection days, but the customer will be charged a $50 collection rate per 6 cubic yards. The brush will be picked up within 48 hours of the request.
- Brush service is available for non-residential customers at a rate of $50 per 6 cubic yards.
- Call 254-933-5800 for service.
At no additional fee, Belton residential customers have access to home pickup of household hazardous waste:
- Household Chemicals & Cleaners
- Computer Monitors
- Used Motor Oil