Residents may also safely dispose of batteries, paint, motor oil and other types of household hazardous waste by contacting Waste Management's At Your Door Special Collection service. Schedule At Your Door Special Collection service by calling 1-800-449-7587 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Brush collection services are also available to residents through the City of Belton.
Residential trash pickup occurs once a week (click schedule on right to enlarge) and recycling pickup occurs every other week (see schedule/map below).
- Only Waste Management carts are picked up. Please do not use other containers.
- Green lid for trash
- Yellow lid for recycling.
- Place carts curbside by 6 a.m. and returned to your property by 7 p.m.
- To report missed pickups or a broken container, contact Waste Management at email@example.com or 1-800-800-5804.
- For billing inquiries or to order an additional cart for an additional fee, please contact the City of Belton at 254-933-5800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Year's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Residential curbside bulk collections occur monthly on Wednesdays (see map below). Monthly bulk collection routes are organized by trash days, so residents with Monday trash collection would have bulk collected on the first Wednesday of every month. Here is a breakdown of monthly bulk collection by trash collection day:
Week 1 -- Monday
Week 2 -- Tuesday
Week 3 -- Thursday
Week 4 -- Friday
Items considered to be bulk waste:
- Household furniture (couches)
- Appliances with CFCs removed
- Carpeting (cut into 4 foot bundles)
- Bags of leaves
- Items that weigh under 50 pounds
Each year the City organizes six bulk drop-off events at its Public Works facility. These every-other-month events allow citizens to dispose of items heavier than 50 pounds and other items not collected during weekly trash or monthly bulk service. Bulk events are limited to City of Belton and Three Creeks residents.
Bulk drop-off events are on Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at 1502 Holland Road. The 2020 bulk drop-off dates are:
- Feb. 8
- April 4 - Canceled
- June 6
- Aug. 8
- Oct. 3
- Dec. 5
- Must live in the Belton city limits or Three Creeks Municipal Utility District (proof residency such as a utility bill or driver's license required)
- One load per household, unless authorized by code compliance
- No hazardous waste such as paint, chemicals, TVs, tires or batteries (see below for hazardous waste disposal information)
- No commercial bulk. The event is for residential customers, unless directed by code compliance
- Large runs of fencing are not accepted (scrap material is appropriate)
- Regardless of disposal method, all appliances with refrigerants must be green tagged (a green tag designates that refrigerants are removed).
- Temple Landfill, 706 Landfill Road. (Note: fee is assessed and safety vest is required)
- If item is in good condition, consider contacting a local charitable organization.
PO Box 1288
Salado, TX 76571
|Red Box Plus
3239 Lake Park Rd.
Belton, TX 76513
2201 W. Avenue D
Temple, TX 76504
1910 S. Main St.
McGregor, TX 76657
|Temple Iron & Metal
815 N. 14th St.
|Sunbright Disposal Services
701A Texas Central Pkwy.
Waco, TX 76712
Single-stream recycling is available to residential garbage customers not served by a dumpster. Recycling collection occurs are every-other Wednesday. To find your collection day see the recycling zone map to determine whether you are serviced in a green week (Central and South Belton) or gold week (North Belton). Set a reminder on your smart phone calendar to never forget about a recycling day.
|2019 Recycling Report (first quarter)
2018 Recycling Report
2017 Recycling Report
|2016 Recycling Report
2015 Recycling Report
2014 Recycling Report
2020 Recycling Calendar
|Green Zone||Gold Zone|
|Jan||2*, 15, 29||Jan||8, 22|
|Feb||12, 26||Feb||5, 19|
|Mar||11, 25||Mar||4, 18|
|April||8, 22||April||1, 15, 29|
|May||6, 20||May||13, 27|
|June||3, 17||June||10, 24|
|July||1, 15, 29||July||8, 22|
|Aug||12, 26||Aug||5, 19|
|Sep||9, 23||Sep||2, 16, 30|
|Oct||7, 21||Oct||14, 28|
|Nov||4, 18||Nov||11, 25|
|Dec||2, 16, 30||Dec||9, 23|
* -- Thursday
|* -- Thursday|
Aluminum & Steel Cans
Foil & Pie Tins
Plastic Containers No. 1-7
Cardboard & Food Boxes
Junk Mail & Phone Books
- Styrofoam Packaging
- Soiled Food Containers (i.e. Pizza Boxes)
- Plastic Grocery Bags
- Ceramics or Dishes
- Food Waste/Garbage
- Light Bulbs
- Wire Clothes Hangers
Brush brush collection is for City of Belton residential customers only (not available to Three Creeks residents), and is included as part of the City garbage service ($3 monthly fee). Brush collection is not part of any business garbage service, including businesses that contract with private haulers for dumpster service.
- The City is divided into five collection areas, which are serviced each week. Collections may be delayed during times of high demand, such as after storms. Brush collection does not occur on City-observed holidays.
- Brush piles must be out by 6 a.m. on collection day.
- Brush piles may be up to 6 cubic yards (about the size of a pickup truck load). Limbs should be limited to 12 feet long, and should be no larger than 8 inches in diameter. Place brush piles within 3 feet of the curb -- away from vehicles, low hanging wires, fences, mailboxes and tree limbs.
- Piles of more than 6 cubic yards in a single week will be assessed a $50 fee for each additional 6 cubic yards.
- Collection is limited to one pile per address per day.
- Brush piles must be free of all other trash and debris. No tires, garbage, lumber, construction debris, furniture, appliances, or anything but natural brush will be picked up.
- After the brush pile is hauled away, site cleanup of small debris, such as leaves and small twigs, is the responsibility of the resident.
- A special pickup may be requested for out of cycle collection days, but the customer will be charged a $50 collection rate per 6 cubic yards. The brush will be picked up within 48 hours of the request.
- Brush service is available for non-residential customers at a rate of $50 per 6 cubic yards. Call 254-933-5800 for service.
Household Hazardous Waste
At no additional fee, Belton residential customers have access to home pickup of household hazardous waste:
- Household Chemicals & Cleaners
- Computer Monitors
- Used Motor Oil