NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
2017 ANNEXATION STUDY AREAS
- Municipal Services Plans
- Growth Management Framework
- Annexation Plan (99-20)
- 2017 Annexation Schedule
- Development Agreement (Sample)
- Frequently Asked Questions
REASONS FOR ANNEXATION
The City annexes territory to:
- Apply zoning and development standards, including environmental protection;
- Create efficiency in service delivery, particularly for public safety services;
- Maximize the return on the City’s investment in infrastructure and business incentives; and
- Provide municipal services beyond those available in rural areas.
EXTRATERRITORIAL JURISDICTION (ETJ)
The Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) is the unincorporated land within one mile of the City of Belton boundaries and includes all unincorporated territory that is not located in another city’s municipal boundary or ETJ. It is the area in which the City of Belton is the only authorized entity able to annex land. The ETJ enables the City to extend regulations to adjacent land where development can affect the quality of life within the city. ETJ regulations help to ensure that subdivisions that may be annexed in the future meet certain minimum standards.