BELTON, Texas – In support of Bell County advancing to Stage 3 of its COVID-19 Action Plan and Bell County’s issuance of a local disaster declaration, the City of Belton is making adjustments to some of the services it offers and restricting access to certain facilities.
Lena Armstrong Public Library
The Library will be open weekdays with limited access to the building.
- To check out books make reservations online, then call once you have arrived at the Library and the books will be delivered to you curbside assistance.
- Computer access will be granted on a limited basis. Patrons interested in using Library computers must make an appointment (usage limited to one-hour increments).
- No book donations will be accepted.
Harris Community Center
The Harris Community Center is temporarily closed to the public. All events scheduled through April 11 are canceled, with the exception of limited public meetings, in compliance with social distancing recommendations.
Utility Billing/Finance (100 S. Davis)
- Pay utility bills online, if possible.
- Use the drive-through window.
- The lobby remains open with a reduction in service windows.
- Penalties and cutoff for delinquent utility payments are suspended for 30 days.
- All March hearings and trials will be rescheduled. Court will mail written notices for rescheduled hearing dates to defendants.
- A grace period for payment plans will be initiated in March and April.
- Permit window remains open at this time.
- Request inspections by phone or use MyPermitNow
- Use MyPermitNow for requests and applications.
- Meetings with staff by appointment only.
- Consider filing a police report online rather than in person.
- For non-emergencies call 254-933-5840